Now that the winds have died down, it is time to get the clean up underway on your Tampa or Fort Lauderdale, FL property. At Coastal Wealth Insurance, LLC, we are here to help you recover from the latest devastating weather. Like many of your neighbors, you may have damage to your roof, windows, trees, and landscaping. Here’s a short checklist to help you on your road back to normal.
- Ensure Your Personal Safety: Before you start worrying about filing a claim on your home insurance, make sure that your home is safe. Water can damage electrical and gas connections and standing water is a breeding colony for bacteria. If you think there is an active hazard in your home, evacuate to a shelter until a contractor can declare it is safe.
- Secure Your Home: Board up any broken windows and fix your doors so that you are able to lock your home. Discourage looters from taking advantage and preserve your possessions.
- Call Your Coastal Wealth Insurance, LLC Agent: Don’t hesitate to place a call with your agent ASAP if you feel there is an emergency. Even if you don’t have a complete picture of all the damage, they can start the paperwork and can expedite emergency funds to help you defray the costs of hotels, meals, and other expenses. Now is definitely the time to take advantage of every service your insurance company has to offer.
- Start Snapping Pictures: Use your phone or your kid’s smartphone to document all the damage to your home and yard. You can email the images to your Fort Lauderdale, FL insurance company to speed along the claim process.
- File a Claim with FEMA: While your home insurance policy is going to help you rebuild, filing a claim with FEMA at a local community center can open up additional options and services available to everybody in the region.
It is important to make all the stops when it comes to flood recovery. We are proud of our community’s efforts to help each other rebuild and lend a helping hand. Reach out to us for more information on a flood insurance policy.