Your homeowner’s insurance policy is designed to protect your financial interests. This includes accidental injury that occurs on your Fort Lauderdale, FL property. However, there are some simple ways for you to reduce the likelihood of injuries and accidents on your residential property. Use these tips from Coastal Wealth Insurance LLC to keep your visitors and family members safe when they’re at your home.
- Childproof your home. Even if you don’t have children, things like outlet covers, cabinet locks, and security devices for corded blinds reduce the chance of visitors of all ages from inadvertently hurting themselves.
- Do periodic visual inspections of the grounds surrounding your home. Note damages like cracked pavement, deep holes or gouges in the landscaping, or building materials that appear warped. Make a plan to repair these items.
- Install solar lighting around your driveway and walking paths. This will ensure that visitors can clearly see each step as they move around your property at night. Using solar lights is a great way to increase security without too much of an investment.
- Keep pools, spas, and jacuzzis covered whenever they aren’t in use to prevent accidental drownings. If you’re using the feature as part of your entertainment activities, designate a responsible adult as a lifeguard throughout the event.
- Don’t let your shrubbery and decorative plants cover walking paths. These can be a slipping hazard. Make sure to trim back your foliage to give visitors ample right-of-way through your yard.
- Install radon and carbon monoxide detectors to reduce the amount of potentially harmful particles in the air.
- Close off rooms that contain dangerous materials and equipment. You may need to temporarily relocate some items to keep them out of the way of curious visitors.
- Install security cameras throughout the property. These don’t actually stop accidents from happening. However, if an accident does occur, a camera can provide vital evidence that can positively impact any possible court cases.
Coastal Wealth Insurance LLC carries homeowner’s insurance policies for residents in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area. Let us know how we can help you protect your most important asset.